Re: [Phys-l] Atmospheric pressure calculus deduction

Hi all-
A good part of the physics is in undeerstanding the lapse rate.

On Wed, 18 Jun 2008, Pete Lohstreter wrote:

Forum for Physics Educators <> writes:
This looks like a physicist's atmosphere to me.
Temperature plays a role in determining seal level pressure.
All the way up!

Actually, a pilots atmosphere. This is how airlines and private pilots
determine the quality of the atmosphere for safe flight.

Yes, temperature is a factor. The equation assumes a standard lapse rate.

Pete Lohstreter "Happy is he who gets to know
The Hockaday School the reasons for things. "
11600 Welch Rd Virgil (70-19 BCE) Roman poet.
Dallas, TX 75229

See what our students are doing......

Forum for Physics Educators