Re: [Phys-l] flashlight : no battery, no bulb

Also those cheap batteries stop holding a charge pretty quickly. You can buy a supercap flashlight charged by the magnet in wire coil that John describes, but they're rarer than might be hoped for and the cheaper look a likes are common.

Dan MacIsaac, Associate Professor of Physics, SUNY-Buffalo State College
222SciBldg BSC, 1300 Elmwood Ave, Buffalo NY 14222 USA 716-878-3802
<macisadl@buffalostate.edu> <http://PhysicsEd.BuffaloState.edu>
Physics Graduate Coordinator & Dept Chair Pro Tem (acting Jan-Aug 2008)