[Phys-l] physics themed educational video contest

Posted on behalf of David Colarusso.

Pat

Fellow Educators,

I'd apologize for the mass email, except I think a few of you will actually get a kick out of this or at least know someone who would. A while ago, I launched the Second Annual Phylm (physics + film) Prize, $100 to go to the most popular scientifically accurate online physics video. If you'd like to vote on the current entires or submit your own, check out:

http://www.communitycounts.com/phylm/

Please help me spread the word. You might even consider giving your students a copy of the offical rules:

http://www.davidcolarusso.com/phylm/2008_phylm_rules.pdf

Something to keep them busy over break.

The deadline is July 1. So get going, good luck, and thanks.

======================================
David A. Colarusso
Astronomy & Physics Teacher
Lexington High School
Web: http://www.davidcolarusso.com/
Blog: http://www.davidcolarusso.com/edblog/
E-mail: dcolarusso@sch.ci.lexington.ma.us <mailto:dcolarusso@sch.ci.lexington.ma.us>
Phone: 781/861-2320 x3082
Fax: 781/861-2607
251 Waltham Street
Lexington, MA 02421
Astronomy Picture of the Day:
http://antwrp.gsfc.nasa.gov/apod/astropix.html

--
Patricia T. Viele, Physics & Astronomy Librarian
Edna McConnell Clark Physical Sciences Library