Re: [Phys-l] A Mechanics Question

At 12:06 PM 6/1/2008, Bob LaM., you wrote:

...it's a frisbee, not a point projectile. A frisbee flies. One needs to know rotation rate, launch angle relative to two axes, air density for the day, shape of frisbee, etc. - and after all that, one still cannot solve the problem :-(

Bob at PC

Yep, this was the sticking point for me too. I suggested the student ignore the "physics dress-up" and consider a slab sliding up a slope, with the computable effects on energy, and thence, on departure velocity....

Brian Whatcott Altus OK Eureka!