Re: [Phys-l] Lecture vs Advocacy

At 11:24 PM 5/31/2008, you wrote:
Actually this is an example of where the audience (Brian) already is on the
same page as the lecturer, so the lecture conveys meaning in a dramatic
fashion. ///
John M. Clement
Houston, Tx

For some reason, I had formed a puzzling picture of the polarization plane
being somehow rotated by reflection off the pole piece of an electromagnet.
It didn't make complete sense to me. But the verbal description of the effect
was an illumination, of the kind we would all like more of....

Brian Whatcott Altus OK Eureka!