Re: [Phys-l] football orientation in flight ERRATUM

Spinning balls are indeed easy to get 'wrong'.

I learned an important 'rule of thumb' from a group of couches who were attending a summer physics workshop.

Couches are often put in the physics classroom (at least - here in the south) since their certification is in 'Physic (al Education)'
and most principals are doing well to read the first two syllables correctly

Spinning balls 'follow their nose'.

Easy to remember and it works - about as good as a 'rule of thumb' can get.