Re: [Phys-l] unique opportunity

Hi there Mariam! What an exciting opportunity indeed! I can't be much help
in designing a whole course, but I can tell you that last semester my
physics class used the text book:

The Sciences: An Integrated Approach (5th edition) by James Trefil and
Robert M. Hazen

ISBN: 0471769924
ISBN-13: 9780471769927

I found this book enjoyable to read as well as adequate in its explanation
of most of the topics. It covers everything that you mentioned you need to
cover. Some further explanation was added by my professor which helped fill
in the gaps (as it should be, in my opinion), but all in all I thought it
was a great book! On a 1-10 scale:

Readability: 8.5
Depth of topics: 7
Breadth of topics: 9
Applicability: 9
Aesthetics: 10

Internet option available through publisher (John Wiley & Sons, inc.)

I'm sure there are other great books out there, but I thought you may be
interested to know that I had a positive experience (as a student) using
this book recently.

Best of luck to you in your new endeavors! It sounds like a dream job to me
=)

Trevor Fink

On 5/16/08 7:57 AM, "Mariam Dittmann" <mariam.dittmann@bainbridge.edu>