[Phys-l] Developing student's inventive

Hello:

I am interested incentivating student's inventive, in mensuration of
basic magnitudes like pressure, temperature, heat, flow with minimum
equipment.
I would like to assign them tasks as build a barometer with domestic
materials, or approximately verify the speed of wind. Perhaps it can be
taken to measure the speed of sound and even of light.

Do you thing it can work ?. If so, can you help me suggesting devices
that you believe can be conceived by the students .?

My best regards.
Roberto