Re: [Phys-l] failure is always an option

Hi-
Isn't it true that Rice is tuitiion free?
Regards.
Jack

On Sat, 10 May 2008, Richard Grandy wrote:

Two observations, one firsthand one not.

Grade Inflationi: We just graduated our 2008 class at Rice
University. 7% of the students had a GPA > 4.0, 30% were above 3.8.

Standard tests: I have read, though I don't remember where, that SAT
scores correlate much more strongly with Socio Economic Status than
with college GPA. In my own discipline, there is ZERO evidence that
GRE's correlate with success in graduate school, but all of my
colleagues, who had high GREs believe they are predictive.