To: "Forum for Physics Educators" <phys-l@carnot.physics.buffalo.edu>
Sent: Saturday, May 10, 2008 10:19 AM
Subject: Re: [Phys-l] failure is always an option

I am a retired high school teacher (all levels of Physics from poetic to AP
or IB for 40 years). I have been reading with interest and smiling with
recognition about the data from many of you.

This item from Bluffton caught my attention:
"When we evaluate applicants for admission and scholarships we look at four
things... [1] ACT/SAT score, [2] HS GPA, [3] HS class rank, [4] letters of
recommendation. Which of these is the best predictor of success in college?
Think about that for a second or two before reading the next paragraph."