Re: [Phys-l] Out-of-Class Work (was Lecture vs Advocacy)

Our students often perceive themselves as being extremely busy outside
of class ... and in many cases they are. "Extracurricular activities"
have been programmed into their definition of success, often by an
admissions process which favors the "well-rounded" multitasking high
school student. So, I'm not surprised when that behavior carries itself
into college.

"The universe is like a safe to which there is a combination,
but the combination is locked up in the safe."
-- Peter de Vries

Dr. George Spagna
Physics Department
Randolph-Macon College