Re: [Phys-l] Out-of-Class Work (was Lecture vs Advocacy)

Couldn't quite get off the soap-box

| It is abundantly clear to me that students coming to college
| have become used to doing nothing outside the class period.
| Although this begins in high school, I can't put all the
| blame on high school because there is ample evidence this
| also happens in many college courses.

I think some of the evidence is the proliferation of double and triple
majors that I see. Back when I was an undergraduate with the dinosaurs,
there were very few double majors and triple majors were essentially
unheard of.