Re: [Phys-l] light clock relativity experiment

On 04/30/2008 10:44 AM, I wrote:
... by use of a _spacetime diagram_ ........

I just now cobbled up the spacetime diagrams for some light clocks:
http://www.av8n.com/physics/light-clocks.htm

I did the case of light that propagates in the same direction as the
relative motion of the frames. This means there are only two dimensions
(t and x) so things are easy to draw.

The case where the light motion is transverse to the train motion
would require a little more work.