Re: [Phys-l] Buoyancy.

I'll take a punt:
For the energy exchange between a relatively small inertial mass moving quickly,
and this same treacherous small gravitational mass factored with a relatively
large height change, and given that the increased buoyancy associated
with colder Winter environments effectively attenuates the gravitational
force g, tending to decrease the beat while it decreases the pendulum's
length tending to increase the beat: why should I not claim then,
that the L/g ratio is more constant with temperature variation and
its associated density variation for larger swing amplitudes?

(This is called arguing from a plausible need :-)

Brian