Re: [Phys-l] Climate change?

----- Original Message ----- From: "Shapiro, Mark" <mshapiro@Exchange.FULLERTON.EDU>

>From what I have read elsewhere the short-term variability in solar >output (sunspot cycle?) has much less influence on climate than >longer-term changes in the Earth's orbit. I don't think there is any >evidence in the ice core data that supports a correlation with the >sunspot cycle.

Mark

I'm not sure of the quality of the science, but the film "The Great Global Warming Swindle" seems to show some strong correlation. However, I think the authors of that work (who appear in the film--Henrick Svensmark & Nigel Calder--The Chilling Stars: A New Theory of Climate Change ) have complained that their work was misrepresented.

Rick