From: Bernard Cleyet <bernardcleyet@razzolink.com>
To: Forum for Physics Educators <phys-l@carnot.physics.buffalo.edu>
Sent: Wednesday, March 26, 2008 3:21:55 PM
Subject: [Phys-l] Seeing is not believing.

Evidently atheists can be very stupid too. Maybe it's part of the
Brit. ethos.

bc

Atheist Sees Image of Big Bang in Piece of Toast

For Immediate Release: Miracle Toast?

(ACPA-london) Excitement is growing in the Northern England town of
Huddlesfield following the news that a local man saw an image of the
big-bang in a piece of toast. atheist donald chapman, 36, told local
newspaper, "the huddlesfield express" that he was sitting down to eat
breakfast when an unusual toast pattern caught his eye.

"I was just about to spread the butter when I noticed a fairly
typical small hole in the bread surrounded by a burnt black ring.
however the direction and splatter patterns of the crumbs as well as
the changing shades emanating outwards from this black hole were very
clearly similar to the chaotic-dynamic non-linear patterns that one
would expect following the big bang". "It's the beginning of the
world" he added excitedly.

Ever since news of the discovery made national headlines, local
hoteliers have been overwhelmed by an influx of atheists from all
over the country who have flocked to Huddlesfield to catch a glimpse
of the scientific relic. "I have always been an Atheist and to see my
life choices validated on a piece of toast is truly astounding" said
one guest at the Huddlesfield arms hotel.

To the surprise of many, the UK national atheist association has
asked its members not to pay attention to the story despite its
potential to inspire less faith. "Given what the religious believe
already, this is an easy sell" said one disgruntled activist who said
he was going to huddlesfield anyway noting that "Seeing is not
believing".

copyright © www.satireandcomment.com