Re: [Phys-l] resistors

At 12:56 PM 3/17/2008, David Bowman, you wrote:

"Re: infinite
square lattice of resistors". The solution to the resistor lattice
problem is outlined in the Phys-l archives at

https://carnot.physics.buffalo.edu/archives/1999/10_1999/msg00365.html <https://carnot.physics.buffalo.edu/archives/1999/10_1999/msg00365.html>

David Bowman

I was impressed by the structural insight you deployed to come up with the simple results when you wrote the cited note last century, even though I have some exposure to 2-D fourier transforms.

I am as impressed this time, but also sad to realize this culture is so far from my grasp.

Mumbling to myself quietly in my dark cave, I
suppose on sketchy grounds that given a large enough sheet of carbon copy paper and a DVM, I expect I could come up with a usable result for any Reff(m,n) for m,n small compared with the width of the sheet.....

But wait! If a double F transform is needed, then a laser diode, a transparent filter and a pair of meniscus lenses could also deliver the goods, I muse.
Musique Concrete, so to speak.

Brian Whatcott Altus OK Eureka!