[Phys-l] A golf dome (thermal) physics problem

Last night on our local news it was announced that our golf dome is coming
down soon because it just cost too much to heat the thing. The dome is one
of those large inflated tent-like gizmos that is sorely needed needed if you
want to do any sort of golf practice in the winter in Duluth. (I¹m no
golfer ‹ I¹m a bowler and this thing is next door the the bowling alley, so
I couldn¹t help but notice it...)

This sounds like a great opportunity for physics and engineering to come to
the rescue. Does anyone know of neat tricks that would make the heat loss
more manageable? Or is Duluth, MN just the wrong place for one of these
domes?

Steve Highland
Duluth MN