[Phys-l] free physics textbooks

I pass this information along without comment, as I do not have sufficient knowledge in physics to evaluate the text books. The Assayer does have reviews, and Calculus Based Physics has been reviewed and is included in the intute digital library.I hope that you find them useful.

Pat

Benjamin Crowell, Fullerton College
http://www.lulu.com/lulucrowell07

The Assayer is the web's largest catalog of books whose authors have made them available for free. Users can also submit reviews. The site has been around since 2000, and is a particularly good place to find free books about math, science, and computers
http://theassayer.org/

Calculus Based Physics
A Free Physics Textbook
by Jeffrey W. Schnick

Calculus-Based Physics is a free, online, two-volume introductory physics textbook available in both PDF and editable Word formats written by Jeffrey W. Schnick, Physics Department, Saint Anselm College. It is also available as a pair of black-and-white paperback books at the cost of production plus shipping. Ancillary materials provided at the Calculus-Based Physics website include conceptual physics question slides, online quizzes with extensive feedback, and screen-capture physics problem solution movies. The work is licensed under a Creative Commons Licence.

http://www.anselm.edu/internet/physics/cbphysics/index.html

A Radically Modern Approach to Freshman Physics <http://kestrel.nmt.edu/%7Eraymond/teaching.html> by David J. Raymond (New Mexico Tech).
http://kestrel.nmt.edu/~raymond/teaching.html

--
Patricia T. Viele, Physics & Astronomy Librarian
Edna McConnell Clark Physical Sciences Library