Re: [Phys-l] thermo question

Saturated salt solutions maintain a 'constant' RH in a closed container at a given temperature.
Each salt yields a specific RH. (Something to do with the 'chemical potential' mu that shows up in the grand canonical ensemble, I presume)
Art conservators play this game quite seriously.

i.e. google 'humidity control salt solutions'

Various salts can be applied to large surface area zyolites to satisfy the most discriminating cigar connoisseur.