To: "Forum for Physics Educators" <phys-l@carnot.physics.buffalo.edu>
Sent: Wednesday, February 27, 2008 6:43 PM
Subject: Re: [Phys-l] momentum first and relativistic mass

I understand that, but I think I would differ with the idea that
things like a variable mass makes it easier to understand relativity.
It seems kind of magical to me, and thus contrary to the spirit of
relativity, and indeed of physics. I feel the idea that nature only
deals in invariants is very basic, and I don't like to mess with it.
But maybe that's my own personal bias. Cheers,