Re: [Phys-l] Grapher on macintosh

For my purposes, Equation 3.0 bundled in Word does fine, but then again I may not be doing things that it can't. There is a more sophisticated version that interfaces with Word but I haven't tried it. Once you learn the interface, you can work reasonably fast.

Here's a hint for anyone who is used to the Office 2003 or earlier interface and doesn't like the Office 2007 interface to the Equation editor. Keep a small file with a single equation written in Office 2003--any old document will do. Save it as a .docx file. When preparing a new document, copy the equation over to that new document, then right click and edit. The old interface comes up. [There may be other ways to access the old interface, but this has been my solution.]

Rick

Richard W. Tarara
Professor of Physics
Saint Mary's College