From: phys-l-bounces@carnot.physics.buffalo.edu
[mailto:phys-l-bounces@carnot.physics.buffalo.edu] On Behalf Of Richard
Hake
Sent: Thursday, February 14, 2008 6:14 PM
To: phys-l@carnot.physics.buffalo.edu
Cc: math-learn@yahoogroups.com; CHEMED-L@MAILER.UWF.EDU
Subject: [Phys-l] Origin & Significance of the Crazy Old Sea Captain
Story

Physics, chemistry, and mathematics educators may be interested in a
recent post "Origin & Significance of the Crazy Old Sea Captain Story""
[Hake (2008)].

The abstract reads:
ABSTRACT: As of 13 February 2008 there had been 34 responses to my post
of 8 Feb 2008 "The Crazy Old Sea Captain - A Parable of Science?" Three
questions and arguable answers that emerge regarding the Crazy Sea
Captain Story (CSCS) are:
(1) Is the CSCS a parable of science? NO.
(2) Is the CSCS a parable of some aspect of human behavior? YES.
(3) What is the origin of the CSCS? UNKNOWN.

To access the entire 34 kB post please click on
<http://tinyurl.com/yqbr4m>.

24245 Hatteras Street, Woodland Hills, CA 91367 <rrhake@earthlink.net>
<http://www.physics.indiana.edu/~hake>
<http://www.physics.indiana.edu/~sdi>