From: phys-l-bounces@carnot.physics.buffalo.edu on behalf of Julie Quah
Sent: Sun 2/10/2008 6:45 PM
To: Forum for Physics Educators
Subject: Re: [Phys-l] Effective Teaching

my personal experiences on teaching kids by tapping into their prior
knowledge usually work out well. Prior knowledge acts as a lens
through which we view and absorb new knowledge. As new knowledge can
be overwhelming, students always find it less threatening to learn new
things in this manner, because such strategy is helpful for learners
to transit from the unfamiliar into something brand new. I have some
worksheets on such learning strategy. Do contact me offlist if you are
interested.