Re: [Phys-l] Another alternative theory horror

At 10:24 AM 2/10/2008, you wrote:
Bear with me for a moment while I cover territory that might seem obvious,
but includes some distinctions that are important.

Organisms have been changing for a long time. Assuming that that they are
getting "better" in some way is called evolution.
I just saw an ad that said that pads on your feet would take the toxins
out of your body that cause things like diabetes.

Marc "Zeke" Kossover
The Jewish Community High School of the Bay

Interesting note.
I hesitate to read the word 'better' used to describe some result of evolution. Like sickle
-cell anemia is better? In other words, 'better' is a mild variant of the argument from
teleology (i.e purposeful change); though 'better suited' is your sentiment, I expect.

About those feet pads that draw out the subcutaneous zits: they show the pads going dark,
until the zits are all expunged. How much more of an observational model could you want? :-)

Brian Whatcott Altus OK Eureka!