Re: [Phys-l] defn of capacitance

At 03:44 PM 2/6/2008, you wrote:
..
Please fix my definition of C for the case of two isolated conductors
in vacuum carrying charges which are not necessarily equal and
opposite. As a test, demonstrate that your fixed definition works for
both of the examples listed above. -Carl
--
Carl E Mungan

Capacitance is the property of a two terminal device to store
external electrical charge whose magnitude is measured by the reciprocal
of the rate of change of voltage difference between
the terminals, which is proportional to the amplitude of a constant current
impressed between the terminals.
Though I haven't done as Carl asked - by verifying
this plausible description against his test-cases - why wouldn't
it hold? :-)

Brian Whatcott Altus OK Eureka!