Re: [Phys-l] Time-travel physicist

I saw his presentation on time travel this coming September.

Bob at PC

________________________________

From: phys-l-bounces@carnot.physics.buffalo.edu on behalf of Frederick Lemmerhirt
Sent: Wed 1/30/2008 5:38 PM
To: Phys-L Phys-L
Subject: [Phys-l] Time-travel physicist

Today I received an announcement of a local (on-campus) appearance of a
presentation called The Science of Time Travel by Dr. Ron Mallett. Part
of the description is:

"Time travel has always been more science fiction than actual science.
This may soon change. Dr. Ronald Mallett, author of Time Traveler,
recently discovered the basic equations that he believes can be used to
travel in time.

Come and listen to Dr. Mallet as he discusses his latest book, Time
Traveler: A Scientist's Personal Mission to Make Time Travel a Reality.
With his own groundbreaking research in theoretical physics spanning
thirty years, Dr. Mallet has culminated in his discovery of the effects
of circulating laser light, which he believes drags time into a closed
loop."

Is anyone familiar with this particular presentation, the speaker, or
the validity of the physics referred to? (Students will probably be
asking me how legitimate this is.)

Fred Lemmerhirt
Waubonsee Community College
Sugar Grove, Illinois