Re: [Phys-l] Time-travel physicist

No, I'm not familiar with the speaker or what he does.

However, there are interesting aspects of time travel that can be
developed in General Relativity.

An accessible book is

"Black Holes and Time Warps: Einstein's Outrageous Legacy" by Kip S.
Thorne with forward by Stephen Hawking (Paperback - Jan 1995)

see,

http://www.amazon.com/Black-Holes-Time-Warps-Commonwealth/dp/0393312763/
ref=pd_bbs_sr_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1201734040&sr=1-1

I highly recommend the book, and not just for time-travel information.
There is lots of interesting stuff in the book.
Joel Rauber
Department of Physics - SDSU

Joel.Rauber@sdstate.edu
605-688-4293