[Phys-l] John's humour. Was: Re: New gravitational constant

"On the other horn of the dilemma, the prototype kilogram
in Paris is too small for a convenient flyby."

Perhaps my memory has become worse, but I don't remember JD ever indulging in humour.

bc, thinks one of the better.

p.s. Here's a little known, I'm rather certain, trivium. The estate wherein the std. kg is kept (International Bureau of Weights and Measures in Sèvres, a suburb of Paris) is international territory, as such the German army did not occupy it. [Wikipedia]