Re: [Phys-l] Trigg's Rules of Grammar

2. Just between you and I, the case of pronoun is important.

The misuse of the subjective vs objective form of I is so rampant that many
people would not notice it.

I did not see in the list one of the most important rules. The use of non
specific identifiers such at it, the other one... should not be allowed.
Students use this type of construction frequently, and when closely
questioned the object they are indicating is usually not the correct one.
However, the unwary instructor can be fooled by this type of thing. Perhaps
the rule was there, but disguised.

I always point out that using language logically and clearly is part of
science, and also of math.

John M. Clement
Houston, TX