Re: [Phys-l] The attack on science is political, not philosophical

Hi all-
As a history buff, I heartily endorse Rick's comments. The horrors of untrammeled democracy were made evident by the Athenians during the Peloponesian wars; the ideas that led to the formation of our republic sprang from the brain of Cicero, who's head and hands were ultimately presented to the emperor Augustus.
Regards,
Jack