Re: [Phys-l] Intelligent designists fight back

Howdy,

<rant>
If the Intelligent Design folks would take the first step and teach evolution along with intelligent design in their churches maybe they would have some sort of argument. (But I still doubt it).

I don't think a young(ish) child has the reasoning power to decide what he/she should believe. I'd just as soon have evolution taught in the schools and ``intelligent design'' in the church and let the child reason things out as he/she matures and can wrestle with things on their own.

It also seems to me that assuming that everything is directed by a higher intelligence is simply a cop-out. Then you don't have to learn to think since it will all be done for you. Where would our society be (and I think that all of us on this list use electricity and solid state devices) with an attitude like that
</rant>

Sorry.

Good Luck,

Herb Schulz