From: phys-l-bounces@carnot.physics.buffalo.edu [mailto:phys-l-bounces@carnot.physics.buffalo.edu] On Behalf Of Regan, Tom
Sent: Friday, January 11, 2008 10:42 AM
To: phys-l@carnot.physics.buffalo.edu
Subject: [Phys-l] accurate prism dispersion image

I've been reading the list for a while. This is my first post.

I'm having trouble finding an accurate image (ray diagram) of white
light dispersed by an equilateral triangular glass prism. All the images
I can find seem to show much more dispersion than is the case. Has
anyone else had this experience? Does anyone know where I can find an
accurate image?

I know I could draw one myself, but it would also be nice to see one
ready-made.

Thanks.

Tom Regan

American Institutes for Research