Re: [Phys-l] Fed Resources for Ed Excellence

Brian: I am not sure what your comment means. Do you feel there are
errors in the material? If so, the author would be happy to discuss it
with you.

I am the author of the simulations on the web site. I would be happy to
answer
any question.

Sincerely yours,
Charles Xie
qxie@concord.org

Brian Whatcott wrote:
Hmmm...

the pump-jack,
the Stamper and
the Geneva intermittent motion all seem ah...curious
to my eyes?

Brian W

From: "Pat Viele" <ptv1@cornell.edu>

Source: Federal Resources for Educational Excellence

*Physics* <http://mw.concord.org/modeler1.3/mirror/physics.html>
provides more than 40 online interactives that demonstrate concepts in
mechanics, fluid mechanics and dynamics, electromagnetism, and quantum
physics. Watch simulations of a pendulum, suspension bridge, charged
particle in a magnetic chamber, hourglass, Archimedes' Principle of
Buoyancy, electrical fields, gears, light-matter interactions, Newton's
Cradle, pulleys, springs, water flow when a dam collapses, and more.
(Concord Consortium, National Science Foundation)

http://mw.concord.org/modeler1.3/mirror/physics.html

--
Patricia T. Viele, Physics & Astronomy Librarian
Edna McConnell Clark Physical Sciences Library

Brian Whatcott Altus OK Eureka!