Re: [Phys-l] Intelligent designists fight back

At 11:12 AM 1/10/2008, Robert Cohen, you wrote:
And microevolution doesn't count. Non-evolutionists will ask to be
shown an instance when a bacterium evolves into something we would no
longer call bacteria. Or, better yet, a bird that evolves into
something that we would no longer call a bird.

Robert A. Cohen, Department of Physics, East Stroudsburg University

Perhaps if they were shown a flying insect now reshaped into a
creature with an extra pair of wings? A moth with a new
wing pattern? Or environmental contaminants that encourage
six legged frogs, and so on?
These specimens would need to be classified as sports
unless breeding conditions allowed their multiplication,
I imagine.

Brian Whatcott Altus OK Eureka!