Re: [Phys-l] rust?

Best product I've used is called B'Laster (SKU
0-32167-10035-4). Kroil is also supposed to be very
good. It also helps to apply some heat. But try to
P'Blaster first by itself. Good Luck.

John Barrere
Fresno USD

--- Anthony Lapinski <Anthony_Lapinski@pds.org> wrote:

I have a old metal garden sprinkler with several
parts. I am trying to
unscrew the base, but it is stuck. Maybe rust or
other particles have made
the screw threads very tight. Does anyone know of a
liquid/chemical that
might dissolve the rust/particles and loosen the
opening to free these two
pieces? I have tried WD-40. Also used vinegar. No
luck. I might need a
stronger acid, but I obviously don't want to
dissolve the metal too much!