[Phys-l] Chalk affects teaching quality.

[2nd attempt.]

ANALS OF IMPROBABLE RESEARCH - Crayola has made their chalk thinner. It
is not much thinner. But it is thinner enough. It is also shorter. I
went back to my office and found an old box with two pieces of chalk.
The new pieces are thinner, shorter and don't write as dark. It is
annoying. I was in the middle of a lecture and picked up a new piece of
chalk. The quality of my teaching immediately went down. I am not
joking. It was all I could do to not break down crying. I tried all the
pieces in the new box. They were no good.

Back in my office I checked the boxes. The old size was 3 1/2 long by
3/8 inch thick. The new chalk is 3 by 5/16. And the new box has French
on it. The old box said "Crayola Anti-Dust Chalk." The new box says "An
du septic Chalk".

I want my old chalk back!

http://improbable.com/2008/01/07/unhappiness-with-chalk/

bc thinks the professor should stop lecturing, and switch to interactive
engagement of the students.

p.s. My source titled it: "CHALK IT UP TO NEO-CAPITALISM"