[Phys-l] Entropy

As usual, John has written an EXCELLENT intro to entropy is this 'essay'.
Any one of us should be able to write up a similar exercise for any student down to middle-school at least.
It works for ME - so it should work for middle-schoolers ;-)

BUT - I've tripped of the deck of cards with multiple cuts.
I don't see how we can figure out the configuration with just six bits after two cuts.
You can get the top card - but not the rest of the configuration.
Maybe two cuts would require twelve bits? Six to locate EACH of the two cuts?