[Phys-l] On topic: Was: Re: OFF-TOPIC: Basic scientific literacy

From: bernardcleyet@redshift.com
Subject: On topic: Was: Re: [Phys-l] OFF-TOPIC: Basic scientific literacy
Date: 2008, December 15, 13:28:47 PST
To: phys-l@carnot.physics.buffalo.edu

I think that's why JD put "thinking" first as #0.

bc, suspects that "scientists" are often unaware that their knowledge does
influence them politically.

On 2008, Dec 15, , at 09:24, LaMontagne, Bob wrote:

I really don't understand why we spend so much time teaching science to
the general population. Please don't respond by saying that it makes
them more responsible citizens and better informed voters. I cannot
remember the last time that my knowledge of physics has in any way
influenced my vote on a political office.

Bob at PC