Re: [Phys-l] OFF-TOPIC: Basic scientific literacy

Hello.

This, undoubtedly, strays from your intention.

Depends on what you mean by everyone. If you mean everyone with a
college degree, everyone with a graduate degree, everyone with a hs
diploma, or everyone.

In reality, this (I lack of understanding of who "everyone" actually
includes) is what generates trouble with standardized tests in hs. Soon
someone says, "hey, no thermo." SO you add thermo. Then someone says,
"what about modern topics like relativity" add relativity. Then
engineering principles (just added to MN's state tests), nanotechnology
(we do want to be world - leaders don't we), genetic manipulation and
cloning, global climate change,

Remember what the average IQ is and what those with an average IQ can
really do. Then remember that for everyone one with a PhD, there is at
least 1 person that didn't graduate h.s. or did, but just barely (ok,
that is a thrown out estimate of making average from 1 PhD plus one hs
dropout). Remember that some kids that dropout or just barely graduate
because h.s. is difficult for them.

List depend on who is everyone.

Paul Lulai . . . To wonder is to begin to understand
Physics Instructor
Science Olympiad Coach
US First Robotics Teacher
.: Medtronic - St Anthony RoboHuskie Team 2574:.
Saint Anthony Village Senior High School, ISD 282
3303 33rd Avenue N.E.
Saint Anthony Village, MN 55418
(w) 612-706-1144
(fax) 612-706-1140