Re: [Phys-l] Question about Quarks and the Standard Model

Paul,

You'll probably hear this from many, but getting a copy of Feynman would be the best $100 or dollars that a physics teacher could ever spend on reference materials. IMHO.

Joel

From: phys-l-bounces@carnot.physics.buffalo.edu [phys-l-bounces@carnot.physics.buffalo.edu] On Behalf Of Paul Lulai [plulai@stanthony.k12.mn.us]
Sent: Sunday, December 14, 2008 2:10 PM
To: Forum for Physics Educators; Forum for Physics Educators
Subject: Re: [Phys-l] Question about Quarks and the Standard Model

I am minimally familiar with the standard model and these levels discussion. I am not familiar with longitudinal and transverse forces. Aside from the general wave discussions of coherence and incoherence, I am not familiar with these terms applied to something non-wave-y. Is there a resource on line for help on these topics? I don't have a hard-copy reference for these questions.

I would plead with those on this list that do have high-levels of understanding in these areas to listen to Britton's request. Please do edit / contribute to wikipedia. I do not have a copy of Feynman's lectures. I know this is close to being a Cardinal Sin with this group. Regardless, I don't. I know that none of my students do.

HS students are hungry for information. They use different channels than those more experienced. HS & BS students will search out information online. If you can, why not make it accurate?

Thanks.

Paul Lulai
Physics Teacher
US First Robotics Teacher
..:: Medtronic - St Anthony RoboHuskie 2574 ::..
Science Olympiad Coach
3303 33rd Ave NE
St. Anthony Village Senior High
Saint Anthony Village, MN 55418