[Phys-l] It's a small world. Was: Re: physics guy makes good

It's a small world, and "we" aren't the only ones excited. I forwarded JD's announcement to my Sta. Barb. list and received these:

Dear Bernard,

I drive for Mara Kohn (her eyesight is failing but not her wit or intellect) and her husband Walter Kohn (Nobel Laureate, Physics) knows Steve Chu and is also quite excited about this appointment. Exciting, yes!

Kathy

and:

Dear Kathy,

"... but it's a small world, for years ago I did some preliminary designs for a book of Mara's father Roman's haunting photographs. Mara was so gracious, kind and intelligent that she remains one of my most treasured clients. I haven't talked to her in years, but please pass on my best wishes to this wonderful lady.

Best,
Frank

bc