Re: [Phys-l] terminology

Absolutely. And again, concrete operational thinkers have extreme
difficulty with any rate of change quantity. I always take a page from
Arons and say power is the amount of energy transferred each second. The
each has more meaning and gives clues as to whether to divide or multiply in
a problem.

John M. Clement
Houston, TX

In my classes, I used to say that confusing energy with power (kWh
with kW) is like confusing distance with speed. The slogan "save the
kW" should be criticized.

Ludwik Kowalski, a retired physics teacher
5 Horizon Road, Apt. 2702, Fort Lee, NJ, 07024, USA
Also an amateur journalist at http://csam.montclair.edu/~kowalski/cf/