Re: [Phys-l] terminology

By physicists, too. In my General Physics II class, we just finished defining and discussing chromatic resolving power (no unit).
A few weeks ago I mentioned, but did not "teach", the power of a lens (in diopters). (I don't blame this misuse of power on physicists.)
There may be other misuses that don't come to my mind immediately.

Tom Sandin

Another word which is often misused by common people is "power."
Ludwik