Re: [Phys-l] [tap-l] Energy Conservation?

As I suggested in my previous post, I think it unlikely the meters do not incorporate the power factor. The watt meters I have do that inherently. They are d'Arsonvals that use a series coil to supply "the" magnetic field while the moving coil is powered by a parallel connection (w/ a dropping resistor). I easily imagine the meter's motor is constructed similarly.

bc thinks likely Wiki. has an article on watt-hour meters.