Re: [Phys-l] Data Analysis Questions

Ignoring JD's caveats, I suggest resistors:

On 2008, Nov 25, , at 19:57, John Denker wrote:
Also, a suggestion:

In the student lab, and in the research lab, use 1% resistors
for everything.
-- They are easier on the students, because the value is
written as a numeral -- no fussing with the color code.
-- The circuit is more likely to work as designed.
-- All resistors are cheaper than dirt. The idea of saving
money by using 5% or 10% resistors is the height of pound-
foolishness.

If you think this suggestion is super-obvious, well, good
for you ... but I mention it because there are some labs
out there using 5% and 10% resistors.

Obtain a bunch (how many is part of the exercise) and measure their resistance [all same labeled value and precision, obviously].

bc suspects the data may be bimodal for an obvious reason, and still remembers most of the colour code from the late forties.