Re: [Phys-l] Inertia? - Reprise

Regarding Jack U's comment:

Hi David-
You wrote, in part:
Hmmm....looking over this thread once more, I find myself
disappointed for missing an opportunity for a little
exploration at a junior high level - so that I consider that I
snatched defeat from the jaws of victory, as sometimes happens.
Let me try again.

Um, Jack, I didn't write that above quote. Brian W. wrote it. I
merely quoted it in my post responding to him.

Fine. It may be instructive to recall, as I seem to, that
Einstein got it wrong the first time around. Isn't that where
the famous factor of 2 error occurrred?
Regards,
Jack

I don't know the history about that, but your version sounds quite
plausible.

David Bowman