Re: [Phys-l] Inertia?

sorry - you're right - we always use these demos as an intro to inertia itself - not N1 specifically

On Nov 10, 2008, at Nov 10(Mon) 11:31 , Michael Porter wrote:

On 10-Nov-08, at 11:01 PM, chuck britton wrote:
There's more to inertia than Newton's First Law.

Sorry, I think we're having two different conversations. The video on
Dean's site is presented as "an object lesson in Newton's First Law,
the law of inertia." I was commenting on the use of the video and
similar demos in the context of N1L, not any broader discussion of
inertia. If you have a version of that law that doesn't involve
assuming a zero net/unbalanced external force, I'd be interested in
hearing it.

Mike

---
Michael Porter