Re: [Phys-l] [tap-l] Liquid helium experiments

That's (thread) was what I thought until I remembered the dewar is sealed for pumping.

Hint: the most troublesome is observation thru the boiling LN2 jacket. One may cool the N2 by bubbling H2. It stays below 76? K for a long time, conveniently.

bc now remembers -- two dewars one has feed thrus for electrical (fountain htr.) and mechanical (thread) + ?. Also less silvered.

p.s. used both resonance and time of flight in a cavity. I added question on Q vs. temperature.