Re: [Phys-l] Transparency

At 03:50 PM 10/10/2008, Ludwik, you wrote:
1) I remember reading about diamond detectors, this was years before
Si commercial detectors became available.

Here is something more recent, found by googling.

http://www.springerlink.com/content/p31ng052x392527h/

Ludwik Kowalski

Ludwik's note reminded me of some plastic snips he sent me a while ago,
used as radiation track detectors, when developed with a caustic solution.
This old paper in Phys Rev A 7 mentions an analogous effect,
the laser etched tracks in glasses and polymers.

<http://prola.aps.org/abstract/PRA/v7/i2/p734_1>http://prola.aps.org/abstract/PRA/v7/i2/p734_1

Brian Whatcott Altus OK Eureka!